What is a Project Execution Plan?
The Project Execution Plan (PEP) is different from the Project Management Plan (PMP). The PEP is the primary document that defines who does what and how the project will be undertaken. It details the specific activities in the project, the resources applied to the project, and the organization of the project.
The major elements of a project execution plan are:
- Introduction- Aim of the Project and desired Outcome
- Project Execution Philosophies and Strategies
- Workplace HSE
- Engineering (Construction driven)
- Procurement Management
- Contractor’s Facilities and Equipment
- Quality Management
- Construction and Fabrication (Commissioning driven)
- Material Management, Procurement and Logistics
- Communication Protocol
- Interface Management